Wednesday, July 15, 2009

When is a Wheel not a Wheel

when you turn it into a stamp (hahahah, I'm so funny).  I don’t really have a stamping technique for you today but more of a idea.  I actually saw this on someone else's blog sometime ago and thought it was a really good idea since I don’t really like using wheels.  I think I have mentioned doing this before but I actually took pics to share.  I hope you enjoy and if you have any questions let me know.My Handmade Cards 1128

You will need the following items:         a wheel                                                               hobby knife                                                    easy mount

 

My Handmade Cards 1129

 

First you need to take the wheel and find the seam

 

 

My Handmade Cards 1130

 

Once you found the seam take your hobby knife and cut the seam.  Be careful doing this you can cut yourself

 

My Handmade Cards 1131

Once you cut the seam very carefully peel back the rubber image.  Once you start peeling you want to do the whole wheel.  If any of the sticky residue comes off with the rubber just rub your finger over it.

My Handmade Cards 1132

This is what it should look like once you get the rubber image off of wheel.  I usually throw my wheel away, I haven't come up with anything to do with it once I remove the rubber image.

 

My Handmade Cards 1135

Now take your easy mount and put you rubber image on it.  Before I take the paper backing off the easy mount I cut out enough for my image.  Then I take the paper backing off and place the image on it.  Make sure you have the rubber image where you want it before you place it on the sticky side of the easy mount because its super sticky.  Once you have it placed on how you want it, take your exacto knife and cut the extra easy mount away.

My Handmade Cards 1137

Finished stamp. 

The only thing you need is a stamping block, some ink and cardstock.

 

 

My Handmade Cards 1139The way I store my non-wheels is with these clear holder things I get at Archivers.   Archivers has several different sizes.  I get the thinner ones. 

 

Hope you enjoyed this idea.  I’m hoping my next technique will be done on video and not with pics.  But we will see how that goes.  Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.  Again if you have any questions please let me know.  Until my next rambling :)

No comments: