Friday, October 17, 2008

Technique Time

Good Evening all. Sorry the Technique is late, it wasn't working out right for me last night. The Technique tonight I haven't seen it anywhere else on the net, so I guess I might be the first to do this. I call it Faux Cracked Glass.
You will need the following items:

Diamond Glaze or Crystal Effects
Stamps
Cardstock
Ink

Step 1: Stamp you image onto you cardstock. I cut my stamped image out.

Step 2: Cover stamped image with a thick layer of Diamond Glaze. I adhere my stamped image to a scrap piece of cardstock, I do this because once you add the Glaze your cardstock starts to curl.



Step 3: Depending on how thickly you covered your image will depend on how long it needs to dry. I usually let mine dry overnight.

Step 4: Once your image is dry remove it carefully from the scrap paper and bend you image to make it crack. I bend mine in several different directions.



Step 5: Once you have cracked your image to your liking you can finish your card.





Step 6: Finished Card






I hope you enjoyed this Technique. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and if I get a few minutes this weekend I will come back and post some cards. Until my next rambling:)

Supplies are Stampin' Up!© unless otherwise stated:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
Inks: Black Stazon, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White Craft
Stamps: Always
Other: Diamond Galze (Archivers) Wide Oval Punch

No comments: