Thursday, May 08, 2008

Technique Thursday

I have a cool technique for you tonight, I hope you enjoy and hopefully this will jump start my creativity again, not to mention I have several stamp orders coming in over the weekend. Without further rambling...here is the technique I have for you, I got it out of a book called "Texture Effects for Rubber stamping".
This is what you need:
Transparency Film
Stazon
Stamps (you will want a solid stamp for main image)
Alcohol reinkers (lighter colors work best)
Felt Blender
Cardstock

Step 1: Stamp your main image on one side of the transparency film with Stazon ink

Step 2: Turn transparency over and with your Felt blender put your alcohol inks on the felt and dab the blender on the transparency sheet (you don't want to cover the whole sheet, you want to leave some clear space)

Step 3: Let dry

Step 4: Finish your card.
Hope you enjoyed the technique, I did try to use Stampin' Up!© reinkers but they didn't work as well. It seems to work best with alcohol reinkers. Stay tuned for more fun cards and pics of the new stamps I got. Have a wonderful evening. Until my next rambling :)
Supplies:
Paper: Mellow Moss, Garden Green (stampin' up!©) & Transparency film (walmart)
Ink: Stazon & Alcohol Reinkers (Adirondack)
Stamps: Owls (Hero Arts), Mr & Mrs (Archivers) & Weathered Background, Leaves (stampin' up!©)

No comments: