Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake Rattle and Jello

This will be a quick post because I'm at work and really shouldn't be doing this but I am :)
So one question for you all-What were you doing at 5:39am? Most people would be sleeping and I was up to that time when a Shake Rattle started. First my vanity started shaking, just thought the cat was up there playing around, 2nd the window started rattling thought OK must be the wind and then my whole bed started moving and the house started rumbling and me being the all might brave one shut my eyes and put my hands over my ears and stayed that way until it all stopped. So once it stopped I jumped out of bed and asked my dad who was also up what the heck was that, I knew it could be a vehicle hitting the house we live on a hill, I also knew it wasn't the FedEx planes taking off because when I lived next to the airport they didn't cause my house to shake like that. So we went downstairs and turned the TV on to our local station here in Indianapolis, Breaking News: a 5.2 Magnitude Earthquake just hit West Salem IL and was rumbling thru out the Midwest. Mystery solved, then they said we could have several aftershocks and at this point I'm thinking wonderful. So dad said OK I'm going back to bed. See I have a really bad problem with once I'm awake I'm up and I still had 2 hours of sleep before I had to get up for work. So I finally made myself go to bed and I think 20 min before my alarm went off I finally fell asleep. Oh I guess you might be wondering where the Jello fits in to all this, well I now know what it feels like to be jello in a bowl when a kid gets a hold of it, that's what I felt like in my bed during the Earthquake. I have also come to the conclusion that I wouldn't like living in California if they have Earthquakes bigger then this I would make it at all. So off to work I go hoping for NO AFTERSHOCKS. I know I'm a wimp but dang it I don't like to be awaken like that in the morning I'm so not a morning person with out caffeine. Have a wonderful day. Until my next rambling :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog from your comment you left on mine. Great blog and I am going to add you to my favorites so I will check back often.

Can you believe we had an earthquake??? I can't!!! Glad to hear you and your family are ok. Everything here is fine. I don't ever want to go through one of those again so I too will not be moving to Calafornia anytime soon!!!!!LOL!!!!