Thursday, April 17, 2008

Technique Thursday

I finally have a technique up when I said I would. This one is a oldie also but since I spent 2 hours mowing the grass when I got home from work today (push mower, our riding mower is dead) I had to come up with a easy technique. Some of you might already know how to do this or you might have seen this on someonelse blog doing it a little different but this is one of my favorites. I guess it would have helped if I told you what it was- The Technique for today is Stamping on Tiles.
Here is what you need:
Tumble Tiles (I get mine at Menards)
Stazon
Permanent Marker
Stamp

Cork




Step 1: Clean both sides of tile with water. Rub your hand over the tiles while its under the water to remove any dust

Step 2: Stamp on tile with Stazon ink.

Step 3: Let ink dry for about 2-3 min before coloring.

Step 4: Color stamped image with Permanent Marker (Optional)

Step 5: Once you have done the coloring its time to cook the tile. cook at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. In a foil lined pan. It will take about 30 minutes for the tile to cool.


Step 6: Put cork on back of the tile and its ready to be used.


I don't spray my tiles with any sealant. Some people do so the colors don't fad or rub off. I have some coasters I made over 2 years ago and the colors haven't faded or rubbed off.

I hope you enjoyed today (actually tonight's) technique. Hope you all have a wonderful evening. Until my next rambling :)
Supplies: Stampin' Up!©
Inks: Stazon
Stamp: Unfrogettable
Other: Bic Permanent Markers, Tumble Tiles

No comments: