Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Technique Time :)

Not only do I have a technique to share with you, but I also have a pop-up card to share with you. So lets start with the Technique. The technique is sort of like thumping with markers but we us ink pads instead.
So here is what you will need:
3 ink pads (lightest to darkest)
white cardstock
stamp
Step 1: Starting with the lightest color, ink your stamp. Then with the next color thump or dab in different spots on the stamp, then do the last color (your darkest color) the same as above.
Step 2: Take your inked up stamp and stamp it on the white cardstock. See my example, where I did the 3 different colors. It looks a lot better in person. I have photo taking issues :)
Step 3: Finish card. Its that easy.
In case anyone is wondering why in the world I would be making a Fall card in summer is because its (in my opinion) freezing here today. Last week in Indy we were in the 90's today we reach a high of 65 degrees. Its like fall weather around here. But it wont last because the humidity is coming back and the AC will be back on in a few days. Dont get me wrong I really like fall & spring better then I do summer or winter, but its just to early for this cool down. Ok thats all I have on the weather here in Indy. Moving on :)
So I got the Sizzix pop-up cake die and used it for the 1st time the other night to make my grandma a b-day card, so I thought I would share it with you all.
The front of the card.
The inside of the card. The candles on the card are from a punch I got at Michaels.
Hope everyone had a wonderful day. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Oh and if you didnt know the New SU! Catty is out today. So if you need a copy of the Catty you can email me and if you would like to order something out of the Catty online please visit my website located on the right. Until my next rambling :)
All Supplies are Stampin' Up!© unless otherwise stated:
Fall Card:
Ink Pads: New In color's-Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango
Stamp Set: Lovely as a Stree
Cardstock: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Soft Suede
Other: Certainly Celery marker
Birthday Card:
Ink Pads: Black Tuxedo (Memento)
Stamp Set: Bitty Birthday
Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, DP (not sure of the name) both retired, Whisper White, Only Orange
Other: Pop-Up cake die (Sizzix), Birthday Candle Punch (Michaels), Misc. Copic's

No comments: