Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tuesday Technique Time :)

Finally got the pics uploaded and ready to share with you all. This really isnt a technique for say, its more like I found my Alcohol reinkers and thought I would play with them. The first technique I did was tye-dye.

I took 3 colors and made like a bulls-eye with them on top of my mat (im not sure the name of it, but you use this mat with a melting pot). I did a dark color in the middle then, the lighter color and then the last color. When I had what I thought was enough color I took my glossy cardstock and laid it down on the color and rotated it.


This is the finished card using the tye-dye effect.




This one I took 3 colors and kind of did a splatter effect. This is really messy and gets everywhere, but its fun to do. I took one of the colors and held it side ways so that a little bit of the color was almost dripping onto my paper and I blew on it to make the splatter effect. Now if you are going to try this make sure 1. you are wearing bummy clothes and 2. cover anything you dont want the inks to splatter on. I dont have a card to show you with this technique because the idea I had didnt work out and I pitched it.
This one I did the polished stone technique but used Acetate.
If you dont know how to do the polish stone technique let me know.
Finished card. What I found kind of cool with this was that some of the color turned green. I have no idea why since I did use green. I think it might have something to do with the Acetate I used.
This one I used a technique I found on someone elses blog (once I found that blog I will credit that person with this technique).
Take a piece of glossy cardstock and working fast drop a color and I blew on mine, you have to get close to the paper and blow to spread the color around. Now the original person who did this technique used one of those duster cans (the ones you clean your keyboard with) but since I didnt have one and was to lazy to go out and get one I just blew on it.
I hope you enjoyed the ideas to do with your alcohol inks. If you have any questions or if you know the person who did the technique above please let me know.
I wanted to share this idea with you also. I found these at Michaels in the scrapbooking area were they have all those cool storage containers. They come 2 in a package for $14.99. Well I found these and have been wanting them but couldnt figure out what to do with them. So Monday I figured out what to do with them and bought 2 packages (i had a 40% coupon) and this is what I did with them. How cool is that.
Hope you all have a wonderful evening and until my next rambling :)
Stamping Supplies are all Stampin' Up!© unless otherwise stated:
Tye-Dye Card:
Inks: Wild Plum, Butterscotch, Stream (Alcohol Inks Ranger), Kiwi Kiss, Close to Cocoa
and Black Stazon
Stamp: Trendy Trees
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Glossy
Other: 1 3/8 square punch
Clock Card:
Inks: Latte, Ginger, Caramel (Alcohol Inks Ranger), Black Stazon
Stamp: Clocks (Oriental Trading)
Cardstock: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Acetate (Walmart)
Fairy Card:
Inks: Lettuce, Wild Plum, Stream (Alcohol Inks Ranger), Black Stazon
Stamp: Fairy (Joann's)
Cardstock: Glossy, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black

No comments: