Thursday, January 29, 2009

Technique Thursday

Good Evening all. For those of you that had snow the last couple of days I hope you have been able to dig yourself out. I finally got us dug out. I finished digging us out today when I got home from work. I guess I should I got my side of the driveway/garage dug out today so I can drive myself to work tomorrow. Here's hoping that the first real snow storm of the season (which was the last couple of days) will be our last. I can take the inch or 2 but when it comes all at once with 12 inches that's enough for me. OK I have that out of my system, I will stop talking about snow now and talk about what you all came here for....The Technique. I found this online, but cant remember where. So if this is your Technique let me know and I will give you credit. The Technique is called "Crinkle Technique".
You will need:
Ink
Solid Stamp
White Cardstock
Scrap piece of Computer Paper



Step 1: Take Computer paper and wrinkle into a ball. Straighten it out and wrinkle it again. Straighten it.







Step 2: Ink up solid stamp. Lightly stamp it on the wrinkled paper. If you look at your stamp you will see where some of the ink came off on the wrinkled paper.






Step 3: Stamp on your cardstock without re-inking stamp. You will get a fun crinkle texture. Then repeat steps 1-3. Each time you will get a different look.







Step 4: Finish card.






I hope you enjoyed this Technique. I think it would make a really cool background if you have a solid BG stamp. Have a wonderful evening and if I don't get a chance to blog again until next week have a wonderful weekend. Oh, I will be ordering my 1st Spring/Summer 09 catty order on Sunday and when it arrives I will show you what I got, so make sure you stop back by for that.
Until my next rambling :)

All Supplies are Stampin' Up!© unless otherwise stated:
Stamp: Pick a Petal, Happy Everything
Ink: Craft White, Brilliant Blue, Riding Hood Red
Cardstock: Whisper White, So Saffron, Kraft
Other: Small Oval Punch, White Gel Pen

1 comment:

Laura Evangeline said...

Oh! I might actually be able to do this one here. I know there's wrinkled paper around here somewhere!