Thursday, August 14, 2008

Technique Thursday

Good evening all, I am so on the ball tonight. I already have the technique done and everything. I also have a pic of some of the things I bought last Saturday at one of my favorite stamping stores. But first the technique.
Here is what you need:
Fun Foam (I used a thinner one)
Ink
Stamp
Heat gun
Dauber

Step 1: Trim foam slightly larger then stamp. Heat the surface with a heat gun until it begins to bow very slightly. Press stamp firmly down into the foam. Hold for a few seconds, then lift the stamp off.

Step 2: Using a dauber, apply purple ink lightly across the surface of the foam. Cut image out leaving a very narrow border around the image.

Step 3: Finish card.

I enjoyed this Technique, I have been wanting to do this for sometime and I thought tonight would be a good night. I hope you enjoy the technique and have fun with it. I will tell you that it doesn't work so well with bold/solid stamps. Now onto the
goodies I purchased at Papertrix on Saturday. I have talked about Papertrix stamp store in a previous post. Its located in Nashville IN. I for one am glad its located so far away from me because if it wasn't I would never have a paycheck to pay my bills, I would only be spending it at the stamp store. If you have any questions on the technique please let me know. Hope you all have a wonderful evening. Until my next rambling :)
Bunny Baby card:
Supplies: All supplies are Stampin' Up!© unless otherwise stated
Inks: Pixie Pink, Black Stazon, Pixie Pink Marker
Cardstock: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, DP (Michaels)
Stamps: Bundled in Love, $1.00 stamp (Michaels)
Other: Fun Foam (Michaels), Ribbon (Other), Scalloped Punch (Marvy)

1 comment:

Amy said...

That bunny is so cool! Wow!