Sunday, September 23, 2007

Quick and kind of depressing Post :)

Wanted to say Hi and let you know that it will be a few days until I post anything. Havent been feeling to great so havent really done anything and my cat has been sick and we have been spending some time at the vets. The vet called today and told us some bad news about my cat. (her name is KeKe) 2 weeks ago she started breathing funny and had a big lump on her throat so I took her to the vet and they pulled some stuff from the lump and sent it off to be tested and they found nothing, so last week she wasnt getting any better so they told me to bring her back in and they would do surgery on her to get a sample so they could run another test, did that and she hasnt really changed she wont eat and sleeps all the time. So the vet called today and told me she had cancer and that they could treat it with meds and chemo. Told the vet I would decide what to do and call them on Monday. So after talking with my parents and remembering what it was like for our boxer who had cancer and we paid the money to have him put on meds and chemo and he never got better. I decided that it would be best to put her to sleep, so she wont have to go thur the pain and misery so she could live between a few months to years (our boxer only lived 2 months after he was dignosed w/cancer). So my dad said he would call the vet and let them know and would take her for me so I wont know when they do it ( i will be at work). Sorry my post has kind of turned depressing. So once everything settles down and I feel better I will post a new technique and a few cards for you to enjoy. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and that you have a wonderful week. Until my next rambling :)This is Keke my sick kitty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((HUGS)))) I can imagine how hard this is for you. Just know that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers and it's so much harder with our furbabies as they can't tell us what to do we have to do it for them.

I just wanted to leave you with this poem as It's wonderful. ((((HUGS))))-Samantha

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Jan Scholl said...

Jen-I don tknow how old your cat is but I have had to do this so many times for young and old pets. I always make it my place to hold them and breath with them their last breaths so that that part of them becomes part of me. (guess I saw Star Trek and Spock too much :)-so I want them to see my face last. And then I take them home and have a special tree for the cats and smaller animals to rest under and make a stepping stone for them. I have been here 30 years now and its pretty full. But it also keeps them colose to me. My Clancey left a year ago and it still hurts but I find I can talk about him more now than before. Somewhere in your heart is a place for another when the time is right.