Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Technique Time :)

Sorry I had every intention to get this up yesterday but my nephews were still here and its just not that easy to do anything when they are around. I don't know how you all with kids do it, but you should get medals. I love those 2 boys with all my heart, but I do know why I don't have kids :) They had me worn out and frazzled after 4 days and 3 nights. But I was glad to be able to help out my brother and SIL. Without any more rambling here is the technique. I did get this from Splitcoast Stampers. I also had a little help from my oldest nephew Ryan. He picked out the colors and did the technique while I took the pics. Hope you enjoy.
This is what you will need:
3 reinkers (light, medium, dark colors)
2 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 Glossy Cardstock
Spray bottle of water
rubber gloves (optional)



Step 1: Taking the lightest color of re-inker drop about 5 drops of color on 1 piece of Glossy Cardstock.





Step 2 - 3: Next take the medium color and drop about 4 drops of color on same piece of Cardstock, with the darkest color drop 3 drops of color on same cardstock.





Step 4: Taking Spray bottle of water and spray twice on the non-inked glossy cardstock and twice on the cardstock with color. Then lay non-inked glossy cardstock on top of the inked cardstock






Step 5: This is where you will want to put the rubber gloves on if you don't want you fingers to get ink on them. Now rub the top of the glossy cardstock, this will smoosh the color around.





Step 6: This is what it will look like once you are finished smooshing. Now you will want to sit this aside to dry. Your paper will curl up since its wet, but as it dries it will lay back down.





Step 7: Finish your card. This card's background is different since my nephew helped with the technique he thought he should get the finished cardstock so I didn't even get a chance to make a card with it. So I made my own smooshed background.
This Technique is also very easy that with some supervision kids can do it to. Like I said my nephew helped and he is 5 and didn't really get much ink on him.




Hope everyone enjoyed this technique. I will be back on Thursday with another Technique. So hope you will stop back by for that. Have a wonderful evening. Until my next rambling :)


Supplies are Stampin' Up!© unless otherwise stated:
Ink: Black Tuxedo (Memento), Pink Pirouette
Cardstock: Glossy, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Pink Pirouette, Cool Caribbean
Stamps: Humor in High Heels
Other: Flower DP (Other), Flower Brad (Michaels), Ribbon (Flower Factory)
Reinkers: Pink Pirouette, Cool Caribbean, Blue Bayou

No comments: