Friday, September 07, 2007

Photo/Scrapbook

Thought I would take a min and post something. Im packing my bag and getting ready to go to the Kentucky Regionals tomorrow. I have to get up at 5:00am to be ready to leave at 6:00am. I am so not a morning person. Im just glad I dont have to drive. It takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to Kentucky from where we live. Im riding with 3 other ladies in my group and we also have another set of ladies who are also in our group caravaning with us. It should be fun.


How cute is this. It's a photo/scrapbook made out of chipboard coasters. I got the idea off of Heidi blog (http://www.sweetheidijo.blogspot.com/).

Its really simple to do: I just used patterned paper to cover the front and back pages of book and then to decorate the front of the book I used a chipboard letter (I painted with memory makers paint) added the prima flowers and the word family was done with rub-ons. I used a shower ring to hold the pages together.




Inside of the book I used: Pictures I printed off my computer. My pics are 3x5 -- Heidi said to use 4x6 (using that size will cover the whole coaster) Using 3x5 size you will need to cover the coaster first with cardstock (like I did). I covered the coasters with Stampin' Up!© cardstock from Earth Elements. To attach the cardstock/pics to coasters I used Modge Podge.

After you have finished covering the coasters you can either sand the edges to smooth the sides down. The to punch the holes in the coasters I used the Crop-o-dile. To finish the book you can tie ribbon on the shower ring. If you would like to see what it looks like using the 4x6 pics go to Heidi's blog (see above for the addresss) Here is a few pics from the inside of my coaster book.

My mom and ryan (nephew) and my dad with jacob (my other nephew)









My brother and ryan (nephew) and me and jacob (my other nephew)




I hope you enjoy the coaster book. Im hoping that on Sunday I will get a chance to post a few pics and other things from the Kentucky Regionals. Have a wonderful weekend... until my next rambling :)

No comments: